Last updated on: 23rd May 2018
Absolute Data Services Ltd are committed to being open and transparent about the information we collect and to keeping your information safe. This privacy notice explains what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it. We hope our policy is clear and transparent, but if you have any questions, please get in touch via the contact details at the bottom of the page.
- Who collects your personal information
- How we collect your personal information
- What personal information do we collect
- How we use your personal information
- What our legal basis is for processing your personal information
- How long do we keep your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Your rights
1. Who collects your personal information
Absolute Data Services Ltd is registered in England & Wales under company number 03679185.
Our Registered address:
Absolute Data Services Ltd.
Leverstock Green Farm
Leverstock Green Road
Our Data Protection Contact is:
Attention: J. Purdie
2. How we collect your personal information:
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- Via this website www.dinolite-uk.com for example when you complete one of the forms provided to request product information, make a sales enquiry or to seek technical support.
- Via email, telephone & fax for example when you choose to contact us or when we contact you in response to an enquiry you have made.
- We use a trusted third party telephone call handling service provider (Need More Time Ltd) to improve our telephone based service. If you telephone us and your call is handled by a Need More Time operative your details (name, company name, telephone number, email address and the nature of your enquiry) will be collected on our behalf and then passed to us so that we can handle your enquiry as quickly as possible. Note: payment details will never be taken by Need More Time operatives and we have not authorised them to collect this information from our customers.
- We receive customer details from our resellers when we directly supply an order on their behalf (dropship) or our assistance is specifically requested in relation to a customer sales enquiry, technical support case or warranty claim.
- We receive customer details from our supplier (Dino-Lite Europe / IDCP B.V. of The Netherlands) when a customer located in our sales territory (UK or Ireland) has submitted a sales enquiry, support request or warranty claim though a Dino-Lite partner in a different territory.
3. What personal information do we collect.
We collect personal information such as name, company name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and product serial numbers.
We do not collect or store payment information electronically within our own computer systems or on the servers hosting our website. We use a trusted payment processing partner, PayPal, to handle all card processing requirements and all payment details are entered directly into, and handled by, their secure systems. Where we take card payment details over the telephone this information is recorded at the time it is provided and in paper form only (single copy). The payment information is subsequently, and without unnecessary delay, entered directly into PayPal’s systems for processing. The single paper copy of this information is securely shredded immediately after the payment has been processed. We only accept card payment information over the telephone and will never ask you to supply these details by any other means.
4. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To fulfil orders - In order to supply an order we need to use your name and address details along with telephone number and email address so that we can provide you with the necessary order paperwork, take payment, dispatch the products to you and subsequently administer any product warranty. If we take card payment your payment details are passed to our trusted payment processor, PayPal, solely for the purposes of taking payment. When we dispatch your order your delivery details including telephone number and emails address are passed to our trusted courier partner, UPS, solely for the purposes of delivering your order.
- To satisfy product enquiries, technical support requests and warranty claims - When you contact us with a product enquiry, for technical support or a warranty claim we may need to use your personal information to assist you fully. For example in the case of a product enquiry your previous purchase history may be relevant to the advice we offer, similarly to provide technical advice or product warranty assistance we may need to refer to your purchase history and/or product serial numbers. Your personal information will be required in order communicate with you on these matters and to keep you updated on progress (where appropriate). It may be appropriate to involve the original reseller and/or Dino-Lite Europe in such cases to ensure that you receive the best advice and service in which case your consent will be sought prior to any personal information being transferred. It will be necessary to involve Dino-Lite Europe (IDCP B.V.) in product warranty claims as they administer the manufacturer warranty however, unless otherwise notified at the time, we will only supply them with product serial numbers.
5. What our legal basis is for processing your personal information
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. Our legal basis for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Contractual – We may collect and process your personal data where it is associated with a contract or product purchase. It is important for us to hold this data in order to ensure that we have records from a legal perspective and to enable us to perform our contractual supply obligations.
- Consent – We may collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, you have requested product information or advice, technical support or have specifically requested to be included on an email list.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have conducted Legitimate Interest Assessment and have a legitimate business grounds for doing so. For example where you request product information, advice or support from one of our suppliers or resellers and it is considered that for your request to be handled most effectively it is in your best interest for us to be involved. In such cases we will make you aware of how we received your personal information and you always have the right to object to our use of this personal information if you do not agree that there is a legitimate interest. Please see section 8 - Your rights.
6. How long do we keep your personal information
Personal data will not be held without legitimate reason. We retain business records of all product supply for a period of 7 years in order to comply with taxation legislation. These records also enable us to administer product warranty claims and to offer improved technical support and product advice should you require it in the future.
7. Who we share your personal information with
Your payment information is only ever shared with our trusted partner PayPal and for the sole purpose of processing your payment.
Your personal details necessary for order delivery are shared with our trusted partner UPS for the sole purpose of delivering your order.
When you contact us by telephone your call may be handled by our trusted partner Need More Time Ltd who will take your details and a note of your enquiry on our behalf. They will not take payment details. For the benefit of transparency Need More Time operatives have been instructed to identify themselves as such should the customer ask.
For the correct administration of product support and product warranty claims it may be necessary to share your details with Dino-Lite Europe (IDCP B.V. of The Netherlands), the European representative for Dino-Lite.
8. Your rights
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received your request. This section explains what they are and how you can use them, if you wish.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
Correcting and updating your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing
You may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems. Unless we are legally permitted or required to keep the data, we will comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information in the following situations:
- Where you believe it is unlawful for us to process the data,
- You have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us. We will endeavour to complete your request as swiftly and diligently as possible.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. They can be contacted via:
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 01625 545 700
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If material changes are made to this Privacy Notice, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent notice.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the content of this Privacy Notice please contact us via post or email as follows:
Data Protection Enquiries
Absolute Data Services Ltd.
Leverstock Green Farm
Leverstock Green Road
Attn: J. Purdie
Subject: Data Protection Enauiries